- There are motorway tolls in Austria. Anyone caught without a valid ‘Vignette’ will have to pay a hefty fine. ‘Vignettes’ are available from kiosks and service stations (also in bordering countries). They are valid for 10 days, 2 months or for a full year.
- An extra fee is payable for the Arlberg tunnel. Here an advanced purchased video toll ticket will save time.
- High visibility vests are also compulsory in Austria – and also for every passenger who leaves the vehicle in the event of breakdowns or accidents.
- In winter appropriate equipment is required, and depending on the weather, snow chains too.
- The Silvretta High Alpine Road is open from around June to October, depending on the snow and weather conditions. Please see the website for the exact opening dates.
We help you to organise your arrival to us. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you like, we can pick you up from the airport or train station with our own shuttle bus. If you are intrested in that offer, please contact us.
Checklist for arrival by car
Arrival by train and bus
The next train station is situated in Landeck, about 29 km from Ischgl. Here you have the possibility to take Eurocity and Intercity trains as well as the Railjet, Austria’s most comfortable and fastest train . More information about train departures and arrivals here. It’s also very convenient to get to Ischgl by local bus. To do so, first of all take the train to Landeck-Zams station. The local 4240 bus for Paznaun leaves directly from the train station forecourt. The bus journey to Ischgl only takes around an hour and provides a superb view to the Tyrolean Alps.
Arrival by plane
The nearest airport is situated in Innsbruck, about 100km from Ischgl. You can reach the airport by train (Landeck – Innsbruck) or by car, bus and taxi via L67 Silvretta Strasse – S16 Arlberg Schnellstrasse – A12 Inntal Autobahn. More information here: Airport Innsbruck
We are working together with the number one private jet airline in Austria, Globalair #MyPrivateJet, which offers private flights in Europe. If you like, we could get in touch with the company and organise you a flight.
The Sport- and Genusshotel Silvretta on Google Maps
Whether by car or by train – even getting to Ischgl in Tyrol is a part of your holiday since the breath-taking scenery in Tyrol relaxes you almost automatically.